Monday 24 January 2011

Word therapy

I was inspired when I saw the latest challenge on Wild Orchid crafts, as it was simply about the sentiment.  I started making cards because I wrote a poem and drew a picture of a friend who over indulged in alcohol one night and left the contents of his stomach in someone's garden.  I then did a card with a drawing and poem for someone going to serve in Iraq...and the rest is history.  I looked to card making initially as a way of conveying a message, I had a stamp made called Word therapy, and I love trying to find the words to suit the recipient's situation or even write something myself ( this usually means comic verse).  It puts my English degree to good use, trying to find appropriate sentiments, particularly for sympathy cards.  We sometimes forget the words, but they can be as important if not more so than the card, with no disrespect to the effort that goes into making the card. So this is the card I made:
It's Bo Bunny paper, nesties and Polka Doodles sentiments.  The main die is a Hello Kitty heart.  The flowers are from my collection from Wild Orchid crafts.  Added a few peel off corners, pink floral peel offs and some sequins and confetti.
This is for the Wild Orchid challenge blog:http://www.wildorchidchallenge.blogspot/

No comments:

Post a Comment