Tuesday 11 January 2011

A trip to the Scrapbook shop.

This is in Durham.  It's not somwhere I pass often so today I decided to go and see what their latest stock is like. It's scrapbook focused and has a huge range of papers, but it's also stocking a nice range of stamps, embellishments and Do crafts goodies.  I didn't need anything and was just looking for inspiration to get back into the scrapbooking, but some stuff jumped into my basket.


I got some lush Bo Bunny and Basic Grey papers, in the "too good to use" category, a Hello Kitty heart die cut (reduced in the sale) and a lovely Tim Holtz edge die of a picket fence, which will be so useful.  Also picked up a Gorjuss stamp and some travel theme scraps to add to cards and scrapbooks.  Couldn't resist some of their lovely ribbon too.  The teeny pom poms are dinky and the elasticised stripey ribbon will sew onto cardstock well.

In amongst this unnecessary spree, I had a chat about Gorjuss and Tilda stamps. Particularly their lack of mouths.  Niece number 1 has a particular aversion to Tilda because of this and finds her very strange. They are quite peculiar looking I must admit although it hasn't stopped me buying a couple of them.  Gorjuss are a bit more trendy and acceptable to niece number 1.  However, the answer to this is to draw on a mouth.  I had never even thought of this!  Doh!

No comments:

Post a Comment