Saturday 22 January 2011

More Pizza than Pie

I just knew it.  I return to work and find it so difficult to get time for crafting.  I managed it before I had a break so I think I've just been spoiled having so much extra free time.  Today I browsed some blogs and found that I have won my first ever challenge blog entry, with Polka Doodles.  I can't explain my excitement, I'm feeling soooo happy today. It's so great as I just love their products and I can't wait for my Blinkie.
This is my next challenge entry: it was to follow a sketch and make a card in red, white and blue suitable for UK/USA.  My idea was to use pies from the Sundae CD and have used an American Pie (pumpkin) and a UK pie (apple)  In addition to this I would use thanks as the sentiment in basic format but also add the word GIVE to tie it in with Thanksgiving.  However, I think it's more Pizza than Pie with all the toppings, but I like Pizza.
It's made with papers and coloured and B&W stampies from the CD.  I pleated a border with added Martha punch, die cut some hearts and added Sue Dreamer rub on letters and used gingham to look like american country style.  My favourite thing of the mo is Pebeo touch dimensional paint for the dots as they feel all rubbery.  Oooooh! Shiver.
I'm a crafty fired up now, so will make sure I used my weekend appropriately.  By the way, I'm not too pleased with the Hougie, it's made with slippy plastic so my card moves when I'm scoring it.  Wish I'd got the Martha Stewart one.
Catcha later, I'm off to Durham for a relaxing mooch around Waterstones and some dinner.
 

6 comments:

  1. Great card and good use of the sketch too! Well done on your win!!! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super cute card! I love the idea behind it. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles with this great card!

    Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for playing along in the Polkadoodles sketch/colour challenge! Fab card....great idea! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really great card. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Polka Doodles Sketch and Colour Challenge.
    x

    ReplyDelete