Wednesday 12 January 2011

Intention versus inspiration

I got up today with the intention of making a card with my new Gorjuss stamp.  It was there, this is what I would do.  The trouble is that I had no idea what design or papers to use.  So I tried to just find something.  This is the result.  I was not happy as I just added piece after piece with no real outcome in mind.
It's using some 12x12 I had with corresponding paper at top to make it look like an envelope I added a Prima flower and some paper roses from Wild Orchid crafts.  Made some springs from waste paper and added a couple fo embellishments from Cratwork cards and Girls Paperie.  I alsoa dded a bit of my latest mini pom pom ribbon.  It just doesn't gel for me but isn't bin worthey either.
I watched a bit C and C and browsed a few craft mags, so after lunch  tried again, this time with an idea and design in my head, inpired by some cards in the mag.  I got out most of what i needed to make the card as opposed to having to seek the next element out.  This is the result and I am so much more comfortable with it.
It's K and Co paper, bird and cage die cut, ping and green ribbon (it looks black here) I punched out the flowers and added Pebeo touch to the centres for dimension.  The corners are punched with Martha Stewart.  It illustrated for me, my creative process. I need to plan and be in the right frame of mind because despite good intentions, I feel happier with the results when I take a more structured approach.  Maybe this conflicts with the idea of creativity but it's the way it works for me.  I now need to get better photos as these don't capture the colours very well at all
Catcha later

No comments:

Post a Comment