Thursday 27 January 2011

Our house...in the middle of our street

I was humming that tune whilst I was making this card.  Madness in more ways than 1.
Much as Polka Doodles always fills my head with colour and contrast I opted for only 1 main colour on this one.  I wanted to play with my squidgy tube of acrylic paint which has been hidden away for many moons (since I was tempted to play with canvass....in my dreams!)  So I stamped the gorgeous residences (masking as appropriate) and painted in the doors and windows with the acrylic.  I added titchy black gems for the handles.  I then stamped 2 houses on acetate, stippled the gold acrylic on the back and then put it in a scalloped frame.
My Paula Pascual flower stamps came today.  I now have a burning need to buy circular punches to fit the stamps, but will use nesties and what I have already to save money.  But I can see it happening.  Looks like we're of to Harrogate in March if there's enough to fill a mini bus otherwise I'll have to break out the Satnav.
I have no plans for Saturday so am going to spend at least half a day playing.
Catcha later

8 comments:

  1. What an elegant card! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful! A perfect card for Polka Doodles Challenge! Thanks for joining us!!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, I love it, so glad you could join us at Polkadoodles again this week. Good Luck! Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful and love how you've used the stamps! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I luuurrrrve it, wonderful technique and it looks so very elegant, thanks for joining in with us this time at Polkadoodles, see you again soon,
    Em.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous use of those house stamps. Really love the colour choice.
    Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us at Polka Doodles New Home challenge and hope to see you again.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the idea of picking out one of the houses (and now i'm humming the madness tune too1) Thanks for joining in the polkadoodles home challenge

    ReplyDelete