Thursday 13 January 2011

my nemesis

For Sherlock Holmes, it's Moriarty: for Harry Potter, it's Voldemort.  For me it's oriental cards.  I just can't seem to get the style right.  And I love to see oriental art work.  I have one of Joanna Sheen's CD roms as all the colours would match, and no real hard work, but other than the basic styles, I just couldn't hack it.  But I am not a quitter so I go back to the oriental now and again. So this is the result.

 I used some oriental scrapbook paper from a QVC kit (think it's American crafts and simply added a Mei flower orchid, bamboo peel offs and a sticker from a local gift shop called Momjii. It's the best I can do given my mental block.  What doesn't show well is the mount behind the liitle girl.  It's a Paper Artsy grunge flower die cut,from a gold flecked material.  It's reflective and makes the card look more luxurious.  Still I did like the outcome and will try it again with some of the silver material I also have.
Just ordered a Hougie, to get into more shaped cards.  Just waiting for postie now.
Catcha later

No comments:

Post a Comment