Monday 25 April 2011

Where does the day go?

I thought I would have loads of time to craft today, but I honestly don't know where the days gone.  Well I do, shopping, cleaning, washing etc.  But it's now tea time and I have to cook, have a bath and wash hair, unpack, and the list goes on.  I finished a couple of cards off though and did manage to do a bit of leap blogging, which I enjoy.  Some talent out there.
So I made this with some Faye Whittaker decoupage I won in a comp.  I had to cut it out, and really enjoyed getting back to some basic decoupage again.  It's for the Allsorts challenge and The Crafty calendar challenge, which is April showers.  It reminded me of being on the beach after a rain shower and feeling that sense of refreshment after the heat, and the image isn't over summery.  For me it's about getting to the beach as quickly as possible because the sun is out and tolerating the odd shower, which is what we have to do in the North East.  However, the image is also more Deauville than Seaton Carew, so I added the ribbon francais.

It's Craftwork cards paper, little clouds and stripes, with an embossed dotty border.  French ribbon and a sentiment which says especially for you.  I've gossy accented the ribbons and added flower soft to the hat band.  It's back to basics but very clean and crisp.
Catcha later

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous card! I love the traditional decoupage. It's so delightful to cut all the pieces out yourself and you've made a wonderful job of this! Beth. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card don't you just love AOY images and they are lovely to stitch too enjoy your bath
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love these nostalgic images, and remember cross-stitching some, many years ago. You've created a beautiful card. xx Jill B (ballerinacraft)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card - stunning image and the ribbon finishes it off prefectly.
    Thanks for playing along at Allsorts with us this week.
    Good luck
    {{Debs}} xx

    ReplyDelete