Sunday 24 April 2011

God for Harry,England and Saint George

I made these cards as there's such a range of Cool Britannia stuff around at the mo.  I must admit, I love national culture, it's something to take pride in.  I love going to other countires and seeing their art, their style and the quirks that give them a national identity.  And I feel the same about England: OH and me spent the evening in Hexham, had dinner with friends and wandered round the park.  It had a bowling green and bandstand and an ice cream seller.  There are antique shops, an independent bookseller and beautiful florists. Oooh and bumped into Tim Healey (Benidorm and Auf Wiedersehen Pet). We travelled home over the north pennines and onto the Durham moors, so little traffic, sun and sheep and peace and quiet.  A lovely St Georges day, great englishness and just a pleasant day.
Anyway, I made these cards and put them on the Do Crafts gallery, and they didn't get any comments.  I think the cute cards definitely attract the attention , but sometimes I fancy a bit of a change.  But I like them and so they are going onto the old blog too as an antidote to popular taste in cards at the mo.
They were made using some great stickers from Accessorize, some papers chains from the same and some Craftwork Cards papers.  I'm going to send them as belated Easter cards, just in time for the Royal wedding.



Catcha later.

9 comments:

  1. Great set of cards Lizzie (Do-Crafts)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards, i love the bus one

    kate xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I think they are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific set of cards love the royal red white and blue !
    hugs
    maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. hopped over on the leapblog to say hi! Love your patriotic cards. xx Jill B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, Hopped over from DC courtesy of Redrottie. Your cards are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there,
    These are just fabulous! My fave has to be the bus lol. Love the images, the colours, the layout,the dp's. What a fab set of cards!
    Hugs Jacqui xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant cards, can't understand why you didn't get comments.

    ReplyDelete