Saturday 9 April 2011

Time to play

Today I decided to play, just mix it up and get out some inks and paints and experiment.  I had bought some Diane Reavely acrylics and the alcohol inks haven't seen the light of day for ages.  So this is the result:

The large peg is painted with pink and green acrylic from Art from the Heart.  I added Polka Doodles Kraft Papers from their new CD rom and then some pieces from La Paperie scrapbooking company.  I covered the clock face in Glossy Accents and wrapped some bakers twine around the peg and added a button.  I have magnetised the bag so it can go on the fridge.  I will enter this in the Allsorts challenge blog, even though it might not be acceptable.  It has not to be square, but it aint a card.(Not a good photo, it's much bolder)
The photo frame was from the pound shop, so I alcohol inked it and added a Prima pear swirl ,a metal butterfly and a vellum heart.  It'll go in the little treasures box for my Macmillan fayre in July.
It's a gorgeous day so me and niece no 2 have been to the garden centre.  It has a craft shop too, so I bought some Tonic floral punches and a few craft necessities.  We had pop and chocolate torte too.  I bought Lacey a strawberry plant so the OH can teach her to nurture things.
I am now going to have a glass of wine in the garden.
Catcha later  

12 comments:

  1. I love these.....Chrissieann xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both great projects, love them, looks like you had fun...bet you enjoyed that glass of wine in the garden too, sounds relaxing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks like you have oodles of fun when you craft xxx the way it should be too hehe xxx

    gorgeous projects xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely - it's good to play around and get your hands messy........

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgous,really lovely.sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love these! I have been playing with acrylics too - something else to spend my money on. lol

    Love your blog and will be coming back! Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2 beautiful projects, I have bought some large pegs, but really struggle with altering things, Irene

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning creations.
    Thanks for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the big peg!

    Thanks for playing at Allsorts this week

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete