Tuesday 29 March 2011

Double trouble

I managed to get 2 cards made last night.  I eventually got some time to play with my new Polka Doodles Wonderland CD and stamps.  The papers are just beautiful and I'll use them for so many projects.  But my first challenge to myself was to try and use them on a Clean and Simple project for this weeks Less is More challenge, which is a sketch.  Does the grungy look lend itself to clean and simple: I don't know, it's not my concept, but I just wanted to try and marry 2 of my passions, Less is more challenges and Polka doodles products.



I used 2 of the papers from the CD with an overall blue hue, and I gessoed the edges of the papers as I wanted them to merge together and not have sharp edges.  I then coloured them with weathered wood distress ink and a misc blue dauber.I stamped and watercoloured the white rabbit and mounted him on a disc if paper showing the words Curioser and curioser.  I stamped these words off the page and added a fancy peel off to look like the rabbit's wach chain.

Card 2 is for the folllowing challenges:
Polka Doodles: stash stamp and Spring
Sketch and stash
Stamptacular

It uses the Wonderland papers again, mounted onto white card,  I have stamped the "Queen of hearts" from the Octopode factory and coloured her with pro markers.  I added a little crotcheted heart, made by my friends mam, and 3 playing cards.  Queenie is a bit scary which is why i think it's more suitable for an adults card (would scare the little girlies) and the colours are springlike and the card celebrates Polka Doodles spring collection launch.
Hell's teeth, need some tea
Catcha later

17 comments:

  1. Hi there!
    Great to see another or your cards... as to trying to combine your two passions... a little difficult I think... but possible. There is quite a lot going on in your card and to keep to the CAS part, I think that if you had omitted the scalloped circle behind the Hare and the line of Peel Offs, you would have been just about there!
    I love that paper at the bottom!
    Thanks again!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see your work at Polka Doodles! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

    Greetings, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, nice to see something a bit different. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card with a great image, glad you could join us at Polkadoodles this week. Good Luck! Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that cute bunny image...adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. REally fun cards. Love what you've done with the PD rabbit and the Octopode image is weird but cute!
    Thanks for sharing your project with us at Polka Doodles and good luck!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2 fabby cards and both so different

    thanks for joining us at sketch n stash

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, two fabulous cards and so very different. Like the rabbit as he is a great CAS card but i really like the second card very very much:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them both - thanks for playing along with Paperplay this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards! I think you came pretty close to pulling off CAS with the first one. I often find that resisting the temptation to add a sentiment is the thing that really keeps it in the ballpark!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW two great cards, love the images, especially the second one lol so quirky, love the dp's, the colours and the layouts.
    Hugs Jacqui xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card hun and a great take on my sketch too...

    thank you for joining us at sketch n stash and good luck!!

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a cute card! thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OOhh! Great to see the new stamps and cd! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card. Thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for playing along at Polkadoodles in our Spring has sprung challenge! It is lovely to see your fab work - fab queen....! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete