Wednesday 23 March 2011

Going against the grain

It's a lovely sunny morning, probably won't last but it helps me wake up. I sometimes need to do the blog stuff this early so I can do all the other stuff when I get in from work.  Last night I was uninspired.  I got lots of new stuff at Harrogate but have't had a lot of time to sit and stroke it.  I did browse my new CD's.  The latest Polka doodles on will be great especially when I figure out how to use the alphabets. But when it came to making a card I was thinking about all those pretty pretty ones out there, all working to a similar recipe, you know the one: sweet Tilda type image, or LOTV or Stampavie type, pretty floral paper, pretty paper flowers, a piece of lace across the middle and a doily fitted in somewhere.  No disrespect,  I love them, make them and got the stamps but they've taken off so much thanks to the talents of Bev Rochester et al., that standards are amazingly high. It's nice to work to a different recipe as such which is why I like this challenge.
So I wanted to add something different into the mix for a change:
So the new items are the stamp (Queen of hearts, from Octopus?), pink organza roses from Mei, sugar dumpling papers from Art from the heart. The sadly neglected are the rub ons from American crafts which are in my scrapbook stash, very sadly neglected these days.  The ticket is from Tim Holtz.
This is for the Sketch and Stash challenge
Time for my cereal, catcha later

2 comments:

  1. what a fabby card, great image and i love your flowers:)

    Thanks for joining us at sketch n stash

    Sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brill card, love those flowers. Thank you for sharing with us at Sketch n Stash this week hugs Jackie x

    ReplyDelete