Thursday 9 June 2011

Agony.....eeeeeeee!

I have been watching Maureen Lipman at the Hay Festival on TV this morning.  Man, is she so intelligent and funny.  But whatsmore, and what I envy her for, she is observant.  I am not, I miss all the little subtleties that go on, don't pick up the non verbals and generally allow the world to pass by unnoticed unless it's "in your face" type of event.  Can any of you remember her sitcom "Agony"...I'm 16 and I'm feeling kinda on the shelf, sometimes I get a funny pain....
So as it's my birthday tomorrow, I have just ordered her latest book from Amazon, it'll be fabulous, I know it and it's bitesize peices of wit and wonder.  Can't wait.
This card is for Polka Doodles secret.  It's not wildly imaginative I admit, but the secret is in on of the tiny envelopes and it's a promise tot the person receiving the card.

She's Gorjuss, carrying a letter and I've used a Papermania pad to make tonal paper envelopes, with a papermania template.  Decorated them with peel offs, added a green brad and coloured Gorjuss with Promarkers.  The band across the middle is Martha Stewart leaf punch and I've saved the leaves and added them to the envelopes.  It's all distressed with Black soot ink.

I don't know what to have with birthday money but I am desperately trying to avoid crafting goodies as I have too much.   But it's going to be difficult to resist.
Catcha later.

7 comments:

  1. Hi there,This is just Fabulous!!! Love the Gorjuss Girl image, the dp's, the colour scheme is just perfect. Love the layout and the embellishments. Coloured beautifully as always.
    Hugs Jacqui xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just gorgeous, love those little envelopes. Thanks for joining in with us at Polkadoodles
    hugs
    Enfys x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the little envelopes and hope you resisted the urge to spend! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

    PS Love Maureen Lipman too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just Gorjuss.. love the envelopes too..
    thanks for joining us this week over @ Polkadoodles
    hugs XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very pretty and the little envelopes are a lovely idea.
    I totally agree it's very hard not to spend your money on crafting goodies so good luck with that!
    Thanks for taking up the Polka Doodles Secret challenge and hope you can join us again.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project, thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for playing along in our something secret challenge at Polkadoodles! Lovely project - enjoy spending....can you ever have too much crafting goodies? Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete